Thursday, November 12, 2009

Purchasing Process Assignment

To do the purchasing process assignment, I turned to my great county, Hernando County, once again. I decided to simply just type in “Hernando County Purchasing” into Google, and that lead me to the Hernando County Purchasing department. From there I was able to contact someone, (For give me, but I never caught their name, but the phone number was (352) 754-4199.

The whole purchasing process is quite a blur to me. It was a ton of information to take in all at once, but I tried my best to understand it and how it goes about. Like you said in class today Professor Thelen, it is a lot of checks and balances. A person, department, or group of people, such as the board of county commissioners must put in a bid in order to obtain whatever equipment or service that they need and or want. The must submit the form and signed contract to the clerk of court. The paperwork also includes guidelines that layout the procedure to accepting the bid, and the conditions of the equipment or services requested.

As for my document, I was able to get a print of an active bid. The bid was issued by the county commissioners and it was for 4 solid waste compactors, and 6 yard compactors. The document goes in to detail the style and types of compactors wanted, and then have a long checklist on the last page for the vendor to check before submitting the bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment